To aid participants with their troffer energy efficiency efforts, the ILC provides a listing of search tools, reports, fact sheets, and case studies. Search tools will assist in selecting the right products to fit participants' needs, and the reports, fact sheets, and case studies serve as examples for participants to follow.
Technical assistance from the U.S. Department of Energy, including how to apply the ILC resources such as the Better Buildings Alliance troffer specification, will be provided to campaign participants who request it when they join the campaign. Technical assistance may include help with:
- identifying appropriate sites for a high efficiency troffer installation or upgrade,
- filling out the Join and Recognition submission forms, and
- guidance with properly applying specification guidelines.
- Better Buildings Alliance Model Technical Specification: High-Efficiency Troffers. January 2017
- Controls-Enabled LED Retrofit Kit Performance Specification Verstion 0.12 (draft for comment). January 2017
- Troffer Lighting Incentives Database — A list of incentives, organized by state and utility or energy efficiency organization, specific to troffer lighting and associated controls.
- Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency (DSIRE) — A list of incentives organized by state. Start by selecting your state and searching for lighting incentives.
- Lighting Project Evaluator — An online tool that allows you to compare your proposed lighting system to a building energy code or the existing system, as you specify it. This tool provides the Excel file that is required to submit your project for recognition through the Interior Lighting Campaign. Download the Information Checklist and How-To Guide to get started.
Product Search Tools
- The DesignLights Consortium's Solid-State Lighting Qualified Products List — This qualified product list, maintained by the DesignLights Consortium (DLC), is a searchable database of light-emitting diode (LED) products including luminaires, retrofit kits, and linear replacement lamps.
- The DesignLights Consortium's Networked Lighting Controls Qualified Products List — This qualified product list, provides a new resource to the lighting market and energy efficiency programs to understand, evaluate, and compare Networked Lighting Control Systems. The QPL also identifies systems eligible for new financial incentives and rebates from utilities and energy efficiency programs across North America.
- LED Lighting Facts — The LED Lighting Facts Program offers a robust search tool for LED products. Users can select product type, category, use, base, subcategory, and size. Further filters such as colorimetric, photometric, and power quality filters may be applied.
Case Studies and Demonstration Projects
- DLC Advanced Lighting Technology Demonstration: Digital Lumens. March 2017
- Linear LED Lighting Retrofits. September 2016
- Retrofit Demonstration of LED Fixtures with Integrated Controls Findings, GSA Green Proving Ground. August 2015
Sites Recognized by the ILC in 2016
- CHRISTUS Health. March 2017
- CKE Restaurants Holdings, Inc.. March 2017
- Cleveland Clinic. March 2017
- Northern Arizona University. March 2017
- Sustainable Technologies. March 2017
- Target. March 2017
- U.S. Army Reserve - 9th Mission Support Command. November 2016
- U.S. Army Reserve - 99th Regional Support Command. November 2016
- U.S. General Services Administration. January 2017
- U.S. Toy Co.. March 2017
Reports and Fact Sheets
- LED Retrofit Kits, TLEDs, and Lighting Controls: An Application Guide. March 2017
- Better Buildings High Efficiency Troffer Lighting. January 2017
- Upgrading Troffer Luminaires to LED. January 2017
- Wireless Occupancy Sensors for Lighting Controls: An Applications Guide for Federal Facility Managers. March 2016
- Adoption of Light-Emitting Diodes in Common Lighting Applications. July 2015
- SSL Postings: A New Look at Commercial Ambient LED Lighting. April 2013
- Standard Measurement and Verification Plan for Lighting Retrofit Projects for Buildings and Building Sites. October 2012
Commercially Available LED Product Evaluation and Reporting (CALiPER) program
- Report 21.3: Cost-Effectiveness of Linear (T8) LED Lamps. May 2014 (Revised January 2017)
- Snapshot Troffers. December 2016
- Snapshot Linear Lamps (TLEDs). June 2016
- Report 21.2: Linear (T8) LED Lamp Performance in Five Types of Recessed Based Troffers. May 2014
- Report 21.1: Linear (T8) LED Lamps in a 2x4 K12-Lensed Troffer. April 2014
- Application Summary Report 21: Linear (T8) LED Lamps. March 2014
- Exploratory Study: Recessed Troffer Lighting. June 2013
- Exploratory Study: Recessed Troffer Lighting March 2013 (Revised June 2013)
- Snapshot: Indoor Ambient Lighting—Featuring Recessed and Surface-Mounted LED Downlights, T8, T5, and T12 LED Lamps, Recessed and Surface-Mounted LED Troffers. April 2013
- A guide for manufacturers and distributors "Getting the most out of the Interior Lighting Campaign" February 2016
- ILC Launch "Save Energy and Money in Troffer Lighting: Join the Interior Lighting Campaign Now" June 2015
- CALiPER Recessed Troffer Lighting "Troffers, Kits, and Tubes: LED challenge fluorescent in the Office Lighting Olympics" June 2013
- New Certificate Series: Advanced Lighting Systems offered by the Federal Energy Management Program. March 2017
- Lighting Controls Association Trainings
- National Advanced Lighting Controls Training Program
- Video for helpful guidance on selecting LED T8 or troffer replacements. October 2013